Friday, July 13, 2018

Concentration...Or the Lack Thereof

I should be working on sister Julie's quilt.  Remember those bright colors?  But, here's the deal...I am at the point where I need to lay the (partially put together) blocks out for color arrangement.  Once I do that, I will be able to finish putting the blocks together and then sew the blocks to each other.  

However, in the meantime, I acquired a kitten.  Which leaves me with somewhat limited opportunity to work in peace on something that requires a lot of concentration.

In addition to dealing with the new kitten, Mum's health is declining rapidly. As you know, we placed her in a nursing home a year ago.  What you may not know (unless you saw it on Facebook), is that she had a stroke at the beginning of May, followed by a fractured hip a few weeks later.  She has never fully recovered from either event.  In June, she was admitted to a hospice program.  

That's all I have to say about that for now.  

But.  What happened as a result of the distraction of life...the inability to concentrate?  I started a new quilt!  One that does NOT require much thought or concentration.  And, I am using fabric that I already have!  That's always a huge plus, am I right?  It is the Moda Bake Shop's Choose Your Own Adventure Quiltalong.  The fabric I'm using is Pat Bravo's Indie Boheme...

And, this is what I've done thus far...

I'm hoping to get the next round done this weekend. 

In the meantime, here are some photos of Stitch (aka Zoom Zoom)...  
Napping after a playtime with his laser toy.

Watching me sew.

Ummmmm...not where he should be.

It's lunchtime.  Right?
Have a great weekend!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: