Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The One...


So, taking up where I left off (yes, almost a month ago...my bad)...here we go!

In my last blog post, I showed you a sneak peek of the super scrappy pineapple block quilt...I am happy to say that it is now with the longarm quilter. I should be getting it back very soon.

The next project on my list to show is this trio...little zipper earbud holders. They measure about 4", I think.  


These pretty florals are from Cathy of Pink Petunia Cottage.

They were used to make this quilt...


I absolutely love it...so old-looking and soft and full of crinkly goodness.

I am not sure if you've been keeping count, but I actually made three quilts from my scraps (and still have a lot of scraps left!). The scrappy log cabin blocks were started in March, but then I got distracted by the super scrappy pineapple block quilt. I finally put the blocks together, using a Moda Grunge (some color gray) fabric for the sashing and made this quilt for Mum.  I made it to her specifications...long and narrow.  It measures about 46 x 64 inches.  I quilted it with curvy lines...and I am happy to say that I love how it turned out!  (So is me Mum, by the way.)



I am a fan of Merchant & Mills, though I have never bought anything from them.  I have just drooled over everything I've seen from there.  Well.  I saw these and I bought them...books for my sewing book collection (which now numbers 3).  The Workbook was the one I really wanted, but there are a few projects I'd like to make in the Sewing Book, too.  The Sewing Skills book was an inexpensive add-on.




This month, I am trying to get some abandoned projects done and out of here.  Sometimes, when Cathy sends boxes of fabrics, they include projects that she has started and never finished. Sometimes I put them together into quilt tops.  Sometimes they sit here and I do nothing with them.  But, now, I am working on putting finished blocks together to make quilt pallets for dogs and cats at the animal shelter.  Here are a few that I am working on...



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me Mum is doing pretty good in the nursing home...although there are still some adjustments being made.  It certainly did not help that her hearing aids went on the fritz in all of this change.  She has one working hearing aid now, so that's all for the good...the other is being repaired.  We visit every day...at least one of us three daughters.  Mum is getting involved with the daily activities there and seems to enjoy most of them.  She also has a new and easier hairstyle. I don't know how many thousands of years she wore her hair backcombed, but this is so easy...and I think it looks good.  She also got a manicure recently, so that made her feel good.  


  

I think that's all I have for now.

Have a great month of July!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the quilts and beautiful things you make of course but I especially love the picture of mom in red!!!!! Joyce

WoolenSails said...

Love all the quilts and I love the scrappy one, does have a vintage look to it.
Good to see your mom doing well, it is nice that you can be there for her.

Debbie

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Mum looks so much more relaxed. Glad all is well.

Farm Girl said...

I love that quilt with the old looking fabric. The colors are amazing.
I am glad your Mom is doing so much better. I am so glad you moved to Colorado. You seem so happy and you seem to be really enjoying yourself. Its always nice to see an update.

moosecraft said...

Your Mum is so cute! She looks very happy in her new place... the new hair style and manicure are a nice way to lift her spirits! :-)
As usual, I love all the projects you are working on! So many pretty fabrics... and fun designs! :-)