Saturday, July 22, 2017

The One With the Super Scrappy Pineapple Block Quilt...

It seemed like it took forever to finish this quilt
but in reality, it took just over 4 months from start to finish.

Great news...
I found an excellent local longarm quilter...Yay!
That will make things so much more fun...
to actually get a quilt quilted 
when I finish putting it together!
Depending on a few factors,
I am able to do my own quilting.
Sometimes, though, the quilt is too large
and sometimes I want something different
than what I am able to do.

Dana, of Old Red Barn Co.,
was the inspiration behind this scrappy quilt.
I am so, so happy that I followed her lead with this.  

Without further ado...
Here it is...my super scrappy pineapple block quilt!!!  
(be sure to click on the photos to enlarge them)







Here are all the details...
All colored prints were from my scrap buckets.
Some white/tan strips came from my stash
and some from my LQS.
Each block contains 37 pieces.
There are 49 blocks total.
For a grand total of 1,813 pieces of fabric.  
It measures ~67" square after laundering.
I used Warm n' White batting.
I backed it with Moda Grunge in Creme (108").
It was quilted by longarm quilter PJ Steffenson.
with a Popcorn quilting pantograph. 

This is one of my all-time faves.
For sure.
I love it so much!

What's next? 

Finishing up some dog/cat quilt pallets to donate.

And, I have a tote bag to make.

I hope you have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilt. Such wonderful work you do. Glad you found someone to help you quilt it. Joyce

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and the quilting really sets it all off.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous! Love the scrappy coloring! But, I also enjoy that my eye immediately gets drawn to the blue block...then the orange block...and then looking more closely I can find a green block and a red block! FUN! Finding a local long armer will definitely help in the ease of creating more quilts! :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

WONDERFUL quilt!

Farm Girl said...

What an incredible quilt!! It would be my favorite too. Its gorgeous!