Monday, February 8, 2016

A Few Things...

It has been 3 weeks since I last posted.  Wow.  I remember when I used to write a post almost every single day!  Time changes things, I guess.  

I am enjoying the winter here in Colorado...it is very different than in Wisconsin.  Very little snow and cold here in Canon City (because we're in a banana belt), which is a welcome change.  I am happy with that.

I have not said anything about Tag...mostly because I cannot speak or write about him without crying.  I miss my brown boy so very much.  And, that's all I have to say about that right now.  

I have been reading a lot lately.  I have always been a voracious reader, but I had a few years when I barely even looked at books, let alone concentrated long enough to read one. Not sure what that was all about, but I am happy to report that I have finished 13 books thus far this year.  They are, in fact, all by the same author.  I received a book - won in a giveaway I didn't remember entering - by Robert Crais (rhymes with grace) and enjoyed it so much that I went back and started at the beginning.  I am working my way through the list and have read almost all of his books.

If I'm not reading, I am usually sewing or playing cards with sister Jill.  

So, what have I made lately that I have not shown you?  
Kleenex Cozies
More Kleenex Cozies
Still More Kleenex Cozies
Fabric Tray - bottom measures 3" square
The tutorial for this fabric tray can be found here.  
  
And, one more pillow cover with black.  I love this canvas duck text fabric...HAD to make a pillow cover with it.  

I have placed an order for a custom item (no, not a pillow cover) and when that arrives, I will have color in the living room...I might have to make more pillow covers.  ~grin~

There are a few other items I finished, but they have not yet been received.  I will show them to you once the recipients have them in hand.

In the meantime, stay warm and have a good month.  




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sending pug hugs.
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces, it is good to keep busy. Tag was so much a part of your life, I understand how hard it is without him, we do love our pups.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

You've been very busy making some cute little items! :-)
I think we all have that one special furry friend that we will never forget... so we all can relate to what you are going through... warmest hugs to you!

Farm Girl said...

How nice that you are enjoying where you live. I am glad you made the move. I am not familiar with that author. I will have to check him out. All of your projects are so nice.
You know, I still can't talk about my horse either. It is okay.
I am so glad you updated. It all looks so good.