Thursday, March 5, 2015

Stitching On Snow Days...

I am actually following my plan and getting some stitching done in the evenings whilst sitting in front of the tv! 

I told you that there were mostly tree branches that needed to be drawn/extended onto the pieced blocks.  And, that's exactly what I've been drawing...tree branches!  It's much more difficult, though not impossible, to trace these lines through colored fabric than it was to trace through Kona Solid in Bone.  I am getting it done...though stitching lines that I cannot see is definitely a first!  Good thing no one else will know exactly where those stitched lines should be, hey?  ~grin~

It does make a huge difference in the look of this project.

Here is the 'before' photo of block 14...

And, here is the 'after' photo...



I am in love.  Course, I have been since I started this project 4 years ago.  I guess I forgot how much. 

Tomorrow is Friday...according to the weather people, we're in for some warmer (30's+) temps!  woohoo!!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

It is just lovely. I really do like the block with the stiching on them. Have a wonderful evening.

WoolenSails said...

That really looks beautiful and it is going to be a beautiful quilt, when done.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Awesome! And I agree, that the little bit extra of embroidery into the pieced sections really do make all the difference to the design! Stitch on! :-)
We're getting sunshine and mid-40's today and tomorrow! :-)