Saturday, March 7, 2015

Finishes...

I made a few things last week but wasn't able to show them before now.  They were received today...gifts to my sisters. 

First up...I made a double-zipper bag (it's actually the LOVE Zipper Bag by Sweetwater) for my sister, Joyce.  Gave it to her as a thank you gift.  She flew to Colorado (from Maryland) to play nurse to Jill, my baby sister, who had a total knee replacement.  Nurse Joyce will be there for two weeks.  Purple is Joyce's favorite color, so I made it in purple...though I think it shows here as more blue.  The little patch is also from Sweetwater and reads, 'Life is good'... 

Next...more kleenex cozies!  I thought they might make nice little gifts for Jill's PT gal and the visiting nurse.  And, anyone else Joyce and Jill might want to give one to.




It looks like we are going to have some sunshine and warmer temps here this next week.  Hallelujah!  I am so tired of cold and gray days...am so looking forward to Spring.

It is Daylight Saving Time tonight (technically, tomorrow a.m. at 2:00...like I'm gonna get up then and change my clocks?)! 

I hope to work on doll clothes this next week...need to fill up my Etsy shop.  With Spring right around the corner, visions of spring/summer dresses and outfits are running around in my head.  Poor Cassidy Jane...she has been whining about having only one outfit.  Not like the ones I sew will be for her , but at least she'll be able to try them on and model them for me.  ~grin~

Enjoy the weekend.




"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you again so much for the bag and cozies!
You are so giving!!! Love you Joyce

WoolenSails said...

You do such beautiful work on your sewing projects. I really need to get better so I can make the charity pieces and do a nice job on them.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

Nurse Joyce should have Jill up and dancing around in no time! :-)
Love this bag and the kleenex cozies.... beautiful colors to brighten the winter days!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque how giving you are...Lovely purple bag and cozies...I wish your sister a quick recovery...spring is coming!!!Hugs from Maine...

NanaNor's said...

Jacque, Just wanted to share that I posted my prize today-so maybe you'll have some neat friends stop by here. I can't tell you how much I love the zippered bag-everything about it is perfect. Thank you again for sharing!
Hugs, Noreen

The Army of Four said...

What a cute bag - and love your Kleenex cozies! Very sweet!
Saw the bag Noreen from Life Blessings won and wanted to stop by to say hi!
KZK (not my dogs - I'm too lazy to sign out of "their" account and into my own)