Saturday, January 10, 2015

Random Thoughts Revisited...Again

ohyeah...I have more random thoughts.  Never at a loss there, for sure.

Random thought #1:
I hate winter.  I hate being cold.  I hate the snow.  Actually, that's three separate thoughts.  But, definitely linked to this season.  Perhaps hate is too harsh of a word.  I harbor a very strong dislike of this time of the year.  Slippery sidewalks...being so careful, cuz if I were to fall...well, let's just say it would not be pretty.  Drivers not knowing how to drive in winter.  Five minutes of bundling up to go outside for two seconds.  Gray, dreary days.  Where is the sun?  I can deal with the cold and snow so much better when the sun shines.  

Random thought #2:
I started reading again.  What a good feeling!  I have been a voracious reader my entire life...always, always making time to read.  In fact, I read 84 books in 2010 and 90 in 2011...all while working and making lots of quilts and other things.  (I know this because I started tracking books I have read on goodreads.)  Then, something happened and reading a book was the last thing I wanted to do.  In 2012, I read 23 books and last year, in 2013, I read 8.  What?  It bothered me a great deal that I had no desire to read, yet not enough to make me do something about it.  You know, like pick up a book and read it.  But wait...I am very happy to say that I have read 2 books already this year and have 5 books checked out from the library that I am very much looking forward to reading...my book bag is being put to good use.

Random thought #3:
In random thought #3 of my second post of random thoughts, I wrote about using words...that my fave word is perspicacity.  Recently, I ran across a word I had never seen before (yes, while reading!).  So, of course, I have now added this to my list of fave words.  Percipience.  (Please note that it also begins with the letter P.)  ~grin~   

Random thought #4:
White Collar, a popular show on the USA network, has ended.  I enjoyed it very much and feel that they could have gone on much longer.  I will miss Neal and Peter and Mozzie.  Oh, but guess who showed up on one of my other fave shows?  Yeah, Mozzie was on Hawaii 5-O last night!  I was so excited to see him.

Random thought #5:
There are way too many food commercials on television.  Interestingly, even food I would never eat somehow looks delicious at the end of the day.  

Random thought #6:
Big dogs (especially those 70# brown ones) can fit into very small spaces.  If they want to badly enough.  Case in point...Tag decided that he wanted to curl up in the big easy chair with me last night.  Not the usual 'butt on chair, front end on ottoman'...but all curled up in a space that measures no more than 12 x 20 inches.  He must have been comfortable enough, as he stayed there for over an hour.  I love that boy.
That's my left arm behind his head...he is between my left side and the arm of the chair.

Random thought #7:
One of the very best things about American Idol is Harry Connick, Jr. 


That's all I have for today.  Hope you enjoyed those random thoughts of mine!
    


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are reading more. I have 2 books to read from the library. Tag looked so cute all curled up in a ball. Stay warm and if you have to - pile on more of your fabulous quilts. Love reading your blog posts. Joyce

Farm Girl said...

I love random thoughts as yours are very interesting and I would love to sit and talk with you about them. So what do you think is up with our lack of reading? I have always been a reader too, but last year I think I read maybe five books. I have a stack and I am trying to read them but I just don't have a very long attention span.
Then I feel the same thing about White Collar, and I do love Mozzie. I was watching a very old couple of seasons of X Files and he is in those. I really will miss White Collar.
Well, I don't think I would like the cold either the way you describe it.
Anyway, see I love your Random Thoughts. Have a lovely day.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Hate is NOT to harsh a word for winter feelings. I HATE, HATE, HATE winter and the cold!!! So there :)
Fun post.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

I agree on the cold, I think my bones are getting too old for it, lol.

Debbie