Thursday, May 15, 2014

A Few More Small Projects...

Remember, back in April, when I was busy working on a bunch of small projects?  Well, I finally sent off a package to my sister with the items I made for her grandchildren.  I previously showed you the flannel pajama bottoms for Riley here and the skirt I made for Ashley here.  

Alyssa recently had her 11th birthday and loves the band, One Direction.  So, I made a few things for sister Joyce to give her.  A vinyl front zippered pouch, made with a pattern by Terry Atkinson.

A Pretty Little Tote, made using the tutorial found here (I resized it)... 
 

And, a kleenex cozy...
 


I heard that Alyssa is thrilled with her One Direction items, that  Riley wore his pajama bottoms to bed last night, and that Ashley is wearing her skirt to school today.  ~grin~

I also sent along some kleenex cozies for Joyce (I think that everyone in the state of Maryland will soon have one of these! ~grin~)...
 
 
In the meantime, I finished this pillow that I started the other day...

I need to organize my dresser and then I will be totally ready to spring clean and redo my bedroom!  That will happen this weekend.  I went through my closet yesterday...sorted through and removed 3 boxes, so that gives me a bit more room in there.  whew.  I had to order some fabric to make a new blanket for my bed for the brown dog to lay on.  He presently lays on the little quilt I made back here...but it won't match my summer bed.  So...a new one is in the works!

I am itching to start a new quilt...and to quilt another quilt out at The Electric Needle, where I am able to rent the longarm machine.  But, first things first.  Course, that doesn't mean that I cannot plan the quilt.  Right?  And, I need to make more skirts for Kaylynn and Ashley.  And, quilt more quilts.  And, I have an embroidery project to figure out colors for.  Never ends, does it?  That's a happy thought.

I hope your day is a good one for you. 






"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alyssa also used her tote for school today and i put kleenex in the cozy for her. So all gifts are much loved and appreciated ! Love Joyce and grandkids.

moosecraft said...

You rock! Those One Dimension pieces are perfect! I'm sure she'll use them al the time! Of course... those kleenex cozies are awesome too! Love the fabrics on that batch!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful gifts for the kids and it is nice that you can get fabrics with things the kids love, to make them with.

Debbie