Sunday, December 29, 2013

After...

I put together a quilt top today.  This is the double hourglass quilt from Cathy.  Back in December of 2010, she had sent blocks she had made along with fabric to make more blocks to finish the quilt.  She also sent fabric for the backing. 

Actually, I had it pretty much put together 2 months ago (click here)...16 half rows that I labelled, so all I had to do was put the half rows together.

It needs a good pressing and then will be put with the others waiting to be basted and quilted.

After sewing all those napkins and aprons, it was much different sewing rows of a quilt together!  Ya know?

Do you have your first project of the new year all lined up and ready to go?  In addition to the one I'll be cutting tomorrow, I need to make me Mum's quilt.  Those are the only 2 quilts I have on my agenda until after I move (in the spring).

I have been keeping my knitting projects going...need to sew several of them together and will then show you.  


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

moosecraft said...

That quilt has some nice soft colors in it.... very pretty! I think I have about 3 new projects already lined up for the New Year... not to mention the continuation of Snow Days! :-)

WoolenSails said...

That looks really nice all together, really nice shades.

Debbie