Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Totally NOT Wordless Wednesday Here!

As many of you know, I am a voracious reader.  Have been all my life.  Would it surprise you, then, to know that I have not read a book since March 18?  It surprises me!  In my entire life, no matter what I was doing or where I was, I always took the time to keep up with my reading...with my favorite authors.  I almost always had a book to read on hand.  So, why haven't I read a book for almost 5 months?  No idea.  

Well, a little bit of an idea.  I got u-verse, which means that I have watched a ton of television.  4 seasons of White Collar.  2 seasons of Flashpoint.  5 seasons of Burn Notice.  3 seasons of The Glades.  And, I am now on the 5th season of Psych.  Plus, the primetime tv shows that I have caught up with on On Demand...and those recorded with my dvr (gotta love that dvr!)...and the movies, of course.   (And, in case you're wondering, some of the time whilst watching all that tv...I was also knitting or stitching.)

I have had a lot on my mind...most of which started right around mid-March.  That would directly affect my focus/concentration.  The entire me Mum and moving to Eau Claire scenario.  (And yes, I am moving...but not until next spring.)  Retirement.  Editing 4 volumes of poems for a friend.  Starting a business.  

Still.  It does take me aback a bit that I haven't even wanted to read!  I get notices of free books for my Kindle and I grab the ones either written by authors I've read, or that I think will be interesting.  Yet, I have not read a single one of them.  My sister, Joyce, tells me about the books she is reading, and I tell her to keep track of what she's reading so that I can catch up someday.  When my interest in reading resurfaces.  

In the year 2011, I read 84 books, and in 2012, I read 90.  Thus far this year, the total stands at 12.  What? 

That number will change, though.  By tomorrow, that number will be 13.  woohoo!  I took my Kindle down to the laundry room with me yesterday and actually started reading!  Relief! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This photo has nothing to do with anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, in case you're wondering how I'm doing with that mess I created on Sunday...I am still working on it.  What a mess!  Bigger mess made when organizing!  You know, it always helps to have an idea of what one wants to do before one begins a big project like that.  I did not.  Have a plan.  I just knew that I needed to do something.        

My bedroom and dining area are total disaster areas.  YIKES!  What was I thinking?  ohwell.  I am chipping away at it a bit at a time.  Now that I do have a plan.  And, I am being ruthless in decluttering/destashing.  Luckily, I have a neighbor who belongs to a group of sewists...so they are receiving any/all fabrics that I no longer have a use for.

Sorting fabric.  How to organize it.  That's quite a challenge.  First, though, I put all the fabrics that I had purchased - or been given - for specific quilts together in their own separate bundles.  They total 12.  Yes, twelve!  Then, I put together the quilts tops that I have finished with their backings and bindings (I always get them ready at the time I do the top and back).  They also total 12.  They are listed on my sidebar under 'flimsies'.  

So, mostly what I have left are fabrics that I can use for doll clothes.  I labelled my plastic containers:  colors (red/pink, orange/yellow, green/blue/purple, black/brown, and neutral), seasonal, novelty (adult and kid), flannel, etc.  The sorting begins!  

I have my knitting organized...finished products, needles and other tools, yarn.


Then, of course, there's the big a** star rug.  I sorted through that tote and yup...I need all of that wool.  I looked at the rug and remembered how much I am going to love it!  I almost wanted to start working on it!  But, I remembered that I have other things that need to be done.  Like, sewing doll clothes.

I have yet to do my shelf unit.  That will hold my sewing tools and patterns, the jar of leftover binding that I mentioned and showed in a previous post, embroidery floss/tools, and all kinds of stuff.  Plus, a plastic container with my 'snow days' fabrics/stitcheries/pieced blocks. 

WHEW!  I just hope that, when the job is done, I will be happy with the results.  ~grin~ 

Instead of clearing off my bed each night, Tag and I have been camping out on the sofa...and will likely be doing the same thing for at least the next two nights. Thankfully, I have a very comfortable sofa.


At any rate.  That's where I am.  In the middle of a mess.  But, hey!  I am reading!  Fully engaged...enjoying the peacefulness and pleasure of it.  We shall see where it goes from here.


This photo also has nothing to do with anything.

Have a good rest of the week!





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

moosecraft said...

Whew! That's a lot of words! lol! Hopefully you'll have everything put back by the weekend. Enjoy your reading... I did notice your "Read in 2013" on the sidebar was kind of small compared to the past couple of years...

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are one busy lady! You seem so happy. Yeah for you. I was wondering about the move. Thanks for the update. You need to share a pic of the big a** star rug for those who haven't a clue what you are talking about and to refresh the memories of hookers like me.
Hugs :)
Lauren