Monday, August 5, 2013

And So The Adventure Begins...




Not only is this the start of a new week, it is the official start of my new business.  (I've alluded to this before - here - but never actually spelled it out for you.)

What, you ask?

Isn't it exciting enough that I am retired?

Well, yes.

A big, emphatic, YES!

However, one must have goals and plans and things to do.

What, you ask?

I don't have enough to do?

Well, yes.

A (not quite so) big, emphatic, YES!  

But, one must follow the path that opens up before one.

Do you not agree?

(lots of questions in this post!)

One must use one's talents.

One must do fun and exciting things.  

One must do what one is led to do.  

Therefore.  I have - with God's help - decided that I am going to make a business of making doll clothes.  Let's call it, "The Chocolate Puppy".

YAY! 

Remember when I received Aubrey from Cathy?  (Her blog is here and her facebook page is here.) 

Since then (2010), I have been fascinated by the Waldorf-inspired dolls.  I have closely followed Cathy's business and stalked been fascinated by others who also make these wonderful dolls. 

It was when I was sorting woolens a few months ago, that I had that EUREKA moment!  That it hit me.  What lovely pieces of wool...ohmy...wouldn't these make lovely hooded capes for dolls?  ohmy.  YES!

And, I was off and running...so many ideas...so many plans.  I am inspired and motivated.

In my retirement, I am going to work at something I love!  Though, truth be known, I don't actually consider this work.    

One step at a time, though...I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.   

First up, then, is to make some carrycots and sleeping bags and pillows and blankets.

Are you with me?

Okay.

So, this a.m., I was cutting fabric for a carrycot and was all set to start sewing when I realized that I didn't have enough fabric for the binding.  oops!  What now?  (ohplease...lol...I didn't really say/think that.)  What I did was this...I went to my jar of leftover bindings.

And, lo and behold!, there was a nice little roll of binding in the fabric I needed...ready to rock and roll!

I knew I was saving those leftovers for something!

Besides the fact that they look darn cute in the jar on my shelf. 



Hope your Monday is as fun as mine is!!!


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Miccosukee said...

Jacque,
Here is best wishes to you and the next exciting stage in your life, I know it will be satisfying on some many levels. You never give anything less than your best!

I'll be here watching your progress.

trisha

WoolenSails said...

I can't wait to see what you make, sounds like a fun way to create. I have a doll clothes book and have done some for mine, need to relearn how I did things, lol.

Debbie

kks said...

you are off and running!! yeh! come over soon! :) we'll have lunch!
xoxo

moosecraft said...

Very exciting! I'm super happy that you are following your passion! It's going to be FUN!

Farm Girl said...

I am so happy for you and excited for all of the good things going on. I love the pictures you got of Kaylynn. She has such pretty eyelashes. Are you still moving?

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Jacque, first let me say what a beautiful granddaughter you have. I am so happy you are enjoying retirement, now for the next and most exciting phase, working at what you love! Sounds like you have a plan ready for action...have you considered making clothes for the "American Girl Dolls"? Good luck, sending hugs from Maine, Julie.