Saturday, April 20, 2013

Reading...or Not!

It has been over a month since I have read a book.  Yes, I know...very unusual for me.  I have read only 12 books thus far this year...that is less than one book per week.  My norm is more than one per week.  I guess I have been distracted by a few things.
 
I've been working on my 'Snow Days' block units...

All last week, I had the blocks laid out on my dining room table.  I wanted to make sure that I was balancing the colors/values before I sewed the block units that will make up the left border.  So far, so good, methinks.  I put them away last night, and began cutting out the pieces for the remaining blocks...only 4 more block units to go (of the border blocks, anyway).

And, as I mentioned before, I've been watching 'Burn Notice'...
 
I've watched 80 of the 81 episodes (5 seasons worth) thus far...and will watch that 81st one this weekend.  I discovered that Season 6 begins in June, so that is something to look forward to!

I did mange to sew something this week.  

When my sister, Joyce, saw the cover for my eprinter, she asked me to make one for her.  She keeps her eprinter in the kitchen, on an out-of-the-way countertop.  So, of course, I made her cover with a kitchenwares fabric, first shown here.  I did some simple straight line quilting...various widths.  I think it will look great in her kitchen!

Perhaps I will get back to my reading very soon...I have many books waiting to be read.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

moosecraft said...

Love these Snow Days blocks! Methinks you have a great balance there too!

Farm Girl said...

Very nice. My husband came in last night to tell me that Burn Notice came out in June and I thought of you. That is funny you had it in your blog. Great minds right:)
Your quilt is going to be so great.
I have been on a Dick Francis kick. I think I have read 16 books so far this year. It is about all I have the brain power for right now.
I thought I would be lots further behind you. Not sewing though. I am hooking about once a week and my counted cross stitch, I sit and stare at the pattern then put it away.
I am sewing this summer though. :)
Have a nice Saturday.

WoolenSails said...

I always read at night, it is how I go to sleep, but lately I fall asleep on the book so takes me forever to finish it, lol.

Debbie