Friday, November 30, 2012

Catching Up...

Wow...where does the time go?  It's been almost 4 weeks since I last wrote.  Guess I have not been paying attention.  

Where do I begin?  


I think I'll just take a deep breath and jump in.  I might have lots to say, so get comfy!

My granddaughter, Kaylynn - aka Princess Kaylynn - came for an overnight last weekend.  What a delight that child is.  I do nothing but smile when she is here.  This was her first visit to my apartment.  We didn't do too much...watched a movie "Alvin and the Chipmunks - The Squeakquel"...the one where they meet the Chipettes (who sing "Single Lady" by Beyonce...so darn cute).  ~grin~ 

Made mini pumpkin pies...in a muffin tin...that was fun!


And, they were very good!

Course, Tag and Kaylynn fell asleep together...

I took a lot of pictures...and came up with this one.  I so adore this girl...

The visits with Kaylynn...excuse me...Princess Kaylynn...are always too short.  

Tag thinks so, too.  He thinks she comes just for him, you know.  ~grin~

I took my latest quilting projects to show off at work.  I am always so pleased to receive feedback from my coworkers.  

Let's see.  I seem to recall that I was going to talk about living with a cat.  Yes, indeed.  I have a cat.  Not solely by choice, but rather more of necessity.  Julie's cat.  Kisa.  When Julie was moving, she couldn't find a home for Kisa, so rather than have her go to the humane society or to a rescue, I offered to take her.  What was I thinking?  I have never had a cat.  For a reason.  Because I didn't particularly want one.  Not a cat lover.  Not a cat hater, though.  Sort of ambivalent, I guess you could say.  So...Kisa has been with Tag and I since we moved here and I must say that I am pleased that she has decided to become part of the family.  She is now more a participant than an onlooker as she was when we all lived in the country.  She is a good girl...doesn't climb onto tables or counters...uses her litter box, tolerates Tag (and me, too) and loves to talk.  Little chatterbox sometimes.  Takes her cues from Tag as far as eating time goes...what a nuisance those two are together!  ~grin~

Here are a few photos of her...

That is me under the quilt.  When Tag lays next to me in the big easy chair, Kisa feels that her place is on me.  Funny girl.

If they're not with me in the big easy chair, they're laying on the sofa...Kisa is the indentation on the left...on the back of the sofa...
 


She really is a pretty cat.  A Pixie-Bob.  


OH!  And, I won a giveaway!  I rarely enter them, anymore.  But when Erin, over at Why Not Sew? was having a giveaway for the Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks magazine, I had to enter...and I won!  woohoo!  ohmygosh...the blocks are all amazing!  There are several I want to try.  Someday.


                                 


Why was Erin having a giveaway?  Because...she has a block in the magazine!  I am impressed!  That girl rocks, for sure!  Here is her block...can you say WOW!?!?!       
  


 
Other than work and getting settled into my small apartment, I've been working on gifts for birthdays and Christmas.  Nothing to show just yet.  Lots of knitting of face cloths, which are nice to work on before I leave for work in the a.m. (actually relaxing to sit and knit for the last 20 minutes or so before I need to leave) and in the evening while watching tv.  Getting down to "get serious and put your nose to the grindstone" time, though.  Always one to work best under pressure...that's me!

OH!  And, the 2Sheep hooked rug...the current header of this blog...the rug that took me forever to complete?  I sold it!  Yes, I did!  It doesn't really go with my stuff and my friend, Claire, has always admired it...so I sold it to her.  YAY!!     

And, for those of you who are keeping track...I have now read 81 books this year...and will surely surpass last year's total of 84.  Can you believe it?   

I think that is about it for now. 

Have a great weekend!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

10 comments:

kelley said...

So nice to hear from you...was just about to email you about life with a cat...love that she's settled in and gets along with Tag so well...mine think my lap is the only place to sit or sleep...


Lovely pieces as always...your quilting just knocks me out!!!

kks said...

The elusive Kisa! She is cute, love the pics! I tried calling you......
xoxo

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

You sure have been busy with so many things. Your granddaughter is growing up so fast and is adorable. Glad your furry ones are becoming good friends!

WoolenSails said...

Life is always more fun with kids and kaylynn is such a sweetie. Are you sure that is a cat and not a small dog, lol. Beautiful cat and nice that she gets along well with tag.

Debbie

moosecraft said...

That's a whole lotta stuff! Kaylynn is growing up quick! So glad you were able to have a visit with her! Kisa looks to be fitting right in with her new roomates. And, of course, love the quilts! I can't believe it's Dec 1st already...

Farm Girl said...

So glad you updated. At least I have you on Facebook so I know you are okay. That really is a pretty cat. It looks like she likes you. I am so glad you got to spend time with your girl. I am sure she loves being with you.
Do you feel settled in now? Wow, 81 books. Yep I bet your read more than last year. You should be able to beat your last years record.
Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jacque, enjoyed the pics of your "family"...glad all is going well and everyone getting along...
Love you,
Janer

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
So good to hear from you and I'm glad all is well!
PK is growing up so fast. What a beautiful girl. Takes after grandma, I'm sure.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Dog Trot Farm said...

Hi Jacque, What a sweet granddaughter you have, how wonderful to have a sleep over. Tag seems to have adjusted to his new home and his new sidekick, kitty. Glad to hear from you, I am so enjoying my lovely little quilt! Hugs from Maine, Julie.

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled to see you updated your blog! Love the pics. Grandchildren are THE best!! They keep us young! Glad you sold your 2sheep.
Love Joyce