Saturday, September 29, 2012

Back...For Better or Worse!

I am back.

Finally.

I have a computer...a laptop!  woohoo! 

I have internet access.

What could be better?

Well, am sure there are better things, but for right now, right here...this is it.  I sure have missed posting...and it is a bit difficult to comment - at least more than a few words - on your blogs with my phone...so hopefully, you will see more comments from me on your blogs. 

In the meantime, I've some photos to show you.

Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I pretty much gave up on knitting socks...until (if) I take a class.  In the meantime, I have been knitting these...keeping my hands busy while I am too unsettled to do much of anything else.  I plan to make many of these for Christmas gifts to give my coworkers.  This is a fun - and easy - design called 'double bump'.

Me Mum and sister Julie were in town...we spent some time playing cards.  Dimes.  I won 60 cents that day, so it was a good time.  {grin}



I have slowly been getting unpacked.  Decided to go through my cedar chest...look what was there?  These dresses were worn by my sisters in my wedding.  Way back in '74.  Junior bridesmaid and bridesmaid.  I might have to make something out of them.  For fun.  What else would I do with them?  Don't really have a reason to keep them,  ya know?

I put this together last weekend when I just had to sew something!  Ya know?  I think it will be a giveaway.  When finished.  Should be in the not too distant future.


And.  A few posts back, I posted this photo...

No one said anything.  "cat got your tongue"?  {grin}    

Yes.  This is Kisa.  My sister's cat.  Or, should I say...used to be my sister's cat?  Yup, that's right.  She now lives with me.  And, Tag.  Julie wasn't able to take her to the apartment she's living in with me Mum, so...

Never having had a cat before, I am finding the experience quite interesting.  It was one thing when we all lived together in a large house...now it's just Kisa, Tag and me in this small apartment.  Kisa is a very nice cat, though not real outgoing.  In the time we have been here, though, she is becoming more social.  And, she keeps Tag company.  

So.  Here we are.  That's all I have for now. 

What are your weekend plans?





"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."   Jeremiah 29:11

11 comments:

Angie said...

So good to see you back and making stitches :). Lovely to have kitty company too.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Jacque, so haapy to see you back in the land of blogging. I have been wondering how you and Tag were doing since relocating to a new residence. Hope you both are adjusting, plus I see a new roommate. I like the dish cloths, very pretty pattern. I see you have been busy with thread and needle too, love the colors in the small quilt. Enjoy the weekend, hugs, Julie.

moosecraft said...

You sound great and relieved! Looks like things are going to be back to normal now! The dishcloths look great and who doesn't like scrappy quilts? Finishing up on cleaning here and then heading out for a haircut... hope to be stitching before the Harvest Moon rises tonight! :-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on here. I thought I would check blogs today and sure enough there was Jody's and yours with new comments.:)
Like the double bump design!!
I MUST get back into knitting.
Just been so busy working and having grandkids here all the time. Although while they are resting / napping I could be doing something besides reading! Love, Joyce

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Welcome back to blogland. Great looking washcloths! Looks like your new addition is fitting right in :)

Farm Girl said...

So glad you are back!!! I loved all of the pictures. I have missed you.

annie said...

good to see ypou again, love the patchwork!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
So good to hear from you and glad you are settling in.
Hugs :)
Lauren

WoolenSails said...

Those dresses are too much, lol. I think they would make a beautiful quilt and a nice moment to pass down to the grandkids.

Debbie

Lindy said...

So glad to see you back again!!!!

Unknown said...

Knitting is what I do in the evenings, and of course in Florida in the winter...love the blog today.