Sunday, March 18, 2012

Knitting...Revisited.

A while back, I talked about knitting...socks in particular.  To have something besides hand sewing or embroidery to keep my hands busy with while watching tv in the evenings.  So.  I set about knitting a pair of socks. 

I got a bit more done than this...
(This is gorgeous yarn...thanks, Sharon!) and got stuck on the heel and gusset part.  I have no doubt that had someone been here talking me through it...or showing me...I would have mastered it.  Or, even had I put more effort into it.  But, I didn't.  Because it wasn't something that I needed to do.  It's not that I needed to learn how to knit...I would consider myself a medium-skilled beginner...I have some good foundation skills.  So.  I have decided that I will leave the knitting of socks with heels to someone else.  I feel okay about that.  If I feel the desire to knit, I will knit something like this....

or these...

or these....


or any one of a myriad of projects listed on the Purl bee's blog.

Funny thing...after I typed this blog post but before I posted it, I talked on the phone with me Mum.  She told me that I am soon to receive a box in the mail containing...knitting needles!  (So, I guess it is in my destiny to be knitting, hey?  {grin})  Seems my Aunt/Godmother and me Mum had decided that they should buy knitting needles for me...gotta love that kind of support!  Cracks me up.  And, fills me with love and appreciation for those 2 women.  I will let you know when they arrive (probably won't be for a bit, so don't be holding your breath waiting!)


Thank you for your knitting encouragement.  Stay tuned...



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Well Jacque, as good as you are at everything else you try, I imagine you will be really good at knitting too.
It is nice you are getting a box with knitting needles in them. You know I watch my DIL knit all of the time, but it never grabs me the way other things have, I wish it would just so that I could sit and knit in the evenings. I guess it is one of those make myself do it and I might like it. I liked you socks though.

moosecraft said...

I'll leave the idea of knitting socks with AND without heels to someone else, thank you! lol! It's very nice of your Mum and Aunt to send you some knitting needles! Knitting and crocheting are greta things to keep hands busy all the while creating something beautiful and useful! Have fun with it!

woollylottrugs said...

I love to knit, don't you just love the soft sound of the needles clicking? That's my favorite part. I have tried several attempts to knit socks. With four double pointed needles. When I get to the heel and gusset I always get stumped and took a class but just couldn't comprehend or remember it long enough to do it. So I gave up. I guess socks are just not my thing, but I so wish I could knit them without so many problems.

hugs
cyndi

Anonymous said...

LOL you are so funny about the knitting. Loved the pics!
You can still wear knit socks with no heels, they still work unless you have unusually long feet which you do not. LOL
Since I do knit all the time, I am jealous that you are getting new knitting needles and I am not!!
LOL
Love you , Joyce