Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pinwheels...Everywhere!

In my Aqua and Red Block bee,
Karen asked for pinwheels...
lots of them.
This was the specific block
she asked for.
We could either do the block
with 16 mini pinwheels,
or a combo of mini & larger pinwheels.
I opted to make one larger
pinwheel with 12 minis...
I really like how it turned out.


And, I believe that I
mentioned this before...
Maureen (coworker) and I bartered...
hours of cleaning for a quilt.
I started on the quilt today.
She is going to give it to her
15 year old granddaughter.
I think it is going to be awesome!
I love how this first block turned out...
makes me excited to do more!

Going to take a little break now...
figure skating is on.


Edited to add:  got 4 pinwheel blocks done and am calling it quits for the night.

Have a good and relaxing Sunday evening.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Marti said...

The pinwheels are great. I like the aqua and yellow color combination. You'll be done before you know it.

Farm Girl said...

Oh so pretty. Pinwheels are so hard for me. I was looking at a Mariners Compass pattern the other day. I just have to get over my fear of points if I ever want to progress.
Your points are just perfect.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh! That is going to turn out so pretty! I also am a fan of the aqua with yellow colors!
Jill

moosecraft said...

You ROCK! The aqua red blocks are so pretty... and LOVE the way Maureen's quilt is stitching up! Very kewl piecing pattern!

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

All of those pinwheels are awesome. I love the blocks for the quilt your making. The colors are great!

Carrie P. said...

cool blocks. I love pinwheels.