Saturday, July 16, 2011

Bees, Dolls, Strawberries and Fights...


 Not much going on today.

Gonna hurry up and get this out of the way...
I messed up.
I didn't do the 'measure twice, cut once' thing.
So...you'll notice that these plates have no centers.
Erin (the one they're for 
in my aqua and red block bee swap)
told me not to worry.
Just send them back
and she'll put the centers on.
I hate when I mess up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally decided on a pattern
and fabrics for the DQS11!
(see the button on my sidebar)

Some of these are civil war reproduction fabrics.
Others look good together with them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Watched this dvd today...
I really enjoy Mark Wahlberg...
not this movie so much, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Had one of these today...

That's two alcoholic drinks in 12 days.
I think my sister is a bad influence.
I normally don't have two drinks in 12 months!

That's all I have!
I'm going to sit quietly and stitch on my 
snow days block 5 for the rest of the evening.

Hope you're having a great weekend!
Stay cool!


Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

11 comments:

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

Okay 1.) They look great center or no 2) the doll quilt is going to be gorgeous 3.) I love me some Marky Mark! and Christian Bales not too shabby either ;p was going to watch this on netflix but never get the chance to watch anything around here : and 4.) my monitor is now clean from licking it trying to taste that margarita!!!!!!

Farm Girl said...

Well I think the plates look great. I haven't heard of that movie and it is hot where you live right? You are just keeping cool in the shade. :)

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
Oh, that margarita looks too yummy! Wish I could join you for one.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

That drink looks soooo refreshing! So does the dresden plate ~ I love that pattern!

WoolenSails said...

I wouldn't even tackle those, lol. You do a beautiful job on your piecing.

Debbie

Joanne said...

That drink looks great - Love those new fabrics - gorgeous!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Beautiful blocks even without the centers and that will be a easy fix. Hope your staying cool!

Anonymous said...

Awesome fabrics!!!!! You naughty sisters drinking margaritas! Lol :)

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I'm not sure which looks more yummy...the quilt squares, the new fabrics, or the tasty pink drink! Have a lovely Sunday!
Hugs,
Courtney

moosecraft said...

Mmmmm.. margherita's! Great way to cool down on a hot Summer Day! PLate looks good and you know I love those fabrics for the DQS! I'll be starting Block #5 today!!! Whoo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm! I see how I rate! lol You would never drink when we'd go out! Silly sister!
Love, Jill