Wednesday, August 25, 2010

And More Blocks...

Are you getting tired of looking at these, yet?
Hope not...there are a lot more to do!
There might be a few surprises.
Course, those won't be shown.
(else they wouldn't be surprises, hey?)

block 8
block 9

For those of you who wonder about this type of thing...
it took about an hour to put these 2 blocks together.
No idea if that's fast or slow...
just sayin'.

edited to add:  here is what's involved in putting each block together...
-sew 9 pairs of rectangles together.  press.
-cut each sewn pair in half across the seam line to make 2 2patches.
-sew 3 2patches together to make a row of 6 squares.  press.
-sew 6 rows together to make a block.  press.
I chain-piece as much as possible...
saves a lot of time and thread.

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might. - Ecclesiastes 9:10

6 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Well, it is just me but I would say that is lightening fast!! It takes me all day to cut out 8 blocks and get them sewn together so I would say Nascar fast!!!
Whew it is hot here, 108 so far,
Come on Fall!

Miccosukee said...

Looks great but way too much detail to remember. I think I'll stick with my rug hooking. Still waiting for the 2peeps etsy shop to start carrying wool. You two are some of the greatest colorists I have even known.

Keep up the good work,
Trisha

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
Two blocks in an hour sounds incredibly fast to me!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kim said...

Yeah, sounds like warp speed to me. Zoom, zoom you are like the energizer bunny of sewing!

Joanne said...

Never tired of them - ever - and love these too! Sounds fast too me too but just holding a piece of fabric is daunting to me!

WoolenSails said...

You make so many pieces, I am lucky if I can finish one a week;)

Debbie