Saturday, February 27, 2010

DQS8 Finished...& Grandkids Coming!


Kaylynn, Conlan & Jasmine are coming today & staying overnight.  I'm excited, as I don't see them nearly enough!  Devin is at his other Gram's today, but may come tomorrow for breakfast and to spend the morning with us.

In the meantime, I wanted to show this...I finished the dqs8 quilt!  YAY!  It measures about 20 inches square...perfect size!  I love this fabric...MoMo's Wonderland...and the snowball blocks were easy peasy to make!  This turned out so much better than I had envisioned!  I love it!  

I haven't yet decided if I should wash it before sending it.  Last year, I washed the quilt that I made for dqs7.  I love the crinkly look...but, come to find out, my partner didn't.  So.  Decisions, decisions.  

Here is the quilt front...

& the back...
I am sending along some goodies...
this fabric basket I made using this tutorial.
My swap partner loves owls.

And this gnome panel, ~20" tall.  
Here's the front...
  
and the back...isn't this adorable???

That's all for now.  
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the snowballs!!!
What plans do you have for when the kids get there? Mine are all lazy today, I swear sometimes they come here to sleep or get caught up on their sleep. They had a busy week!
Have a great time with the grands!
Joyce

Quilting Queen said...

Wow, Jacque, I scrolled down to see your dogs. They were beautiful. what magnificent ruffs.Is there a reason why you now have a gorgeous choc. lab instead of a collie?

Cathy said...

Have fun this weekend with your family! I love your quilt and that basket is so cute! I need to make one....was it hard?
Cathy

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces. I like to wash mine and get the crinkles, but it depends on the person.

Debbie

Em said...

I love the Wonderland line and your use of it is WONDERFUL!!!!

Michelle said...

That basket with the owls is adorable!