Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a Great Time...

we had today! Kaylynn got up early (about 5:30) and the day ran away from that point on! After doing all the usual (eating breakfast, dressing, brushing teeth, combing hair, etc.,etc.), we started mixing cookie dough. Oatmeal cookies! YAY! So. Here's Kaylynn in her apron...sorry for the multiple shots, but I couldn't choose just one.

And...please do notice that she is apparently in training to be the 'perfect wife of the 50's' with her fancy necklace and bracelet with her apron on! hahaha...had to laugh at that!
During and after the baking, Kaylynn colored and drew. And jabbered. And played with the dogs. And jabbered. And played with her doll. And jabbered.
Uncle Matt (aka my son) and Aunt Jesika (aka DIL) stopped by. I asked Jesika if she would please fix up Kaylynn's hair...here she is with pigtails (do they still call them that?) and a zig-zag part! She had to run and look in the mirror! GORGEOUS!!

Here's a photo of the doll that Jane Augenstein made for me...the one Kaylynn kept all wrapped up in her new doll quilt. I think she's about 16" tall. Too cute, don't you think?


Kaylynn left before 2:00...and I was missing her before she was to the end of the driveway. What a delightful little granddaughter I have! I love her.
By the way...HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the apron!!!! She is just something else, eh? I am so glad you get to have fun with her!!!
Love you, Joyce