Thursday, February 12, 2009

Soooo Excited!

Kaylynn, my 3 almost 4 year old granddaughter is coming to visit me tomorrow...and staying overnight! I am so excited about this, I cannot even stand myself! What is it about her that makes me feel this way? Is it the specialness that her daddy and I always had between us? Is it that I see her only about once a month (if that)? Is it that I have all of these wild and crazy ideas of articles of clothing to sew for her (now that I have dusted off my sewing machine that I've ignored for too many years)? Is it cuz she is just too dang cute? Or, could it be that I am just a mushy Grammy?


Don't get me wrong. I love all of my grandchildren. They are all so special to me and each one is different and unique.


Jasmine...10 years old and a real beauty. She is almost as tall as I am (not saying much, as I am short, but still) and has the most gorgeous face. And, she's much too busy...I don't ever get time with her...gonna have to kidnap her one of these days.


Conlan...my boy. He is 6 already, if you can believe that. I don't. He and Tag are best friends, so you know that it's a blast when he's here. He is my son's son...through and through. He cracks me up.


Kaylynn...just grabs my heart. What more can I say?


I will try to remember to take lots of photos...we're going to bake, so she'll be wearing her new apron that I smile at every time I walk by it. I wonder if the apron is smiling...in anticipation of being worn???

Saturday is Valentine's Day, so we'll make lots of red and pink paper hearts. Not sure what else we'll do. It might snow.

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Jacque,
It sounds like you are going to have an extra special valentines and Birthday;) I hope you day is filled with surprises and fun for both of you.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

How fun to have her overnight!!! I bet you really ARE excited!!!!! Enjoy this time you have. They get too big too fast!!!
Look at my Tyler, 18 and graduating from High School!!!! Where does the time go???
Yes, make sure you take pictures.
Love you, Joyce

kks said...

have a fun time! can't wait to see the pics!

Joanne said...

Sounds like a fun filled Valentines Weekend! Can't wait to see her in her apron which is way too cute! She's going to look adorable! Enjoy