Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pay-It-Forward...

I have been remiss. I have been meaning to post this for several days, now. However, I've been much too busy trying to find other things to do (okay, not been difficult to 'find' other things to do...you should see my house...YIKES!) so that I didn't have to work on the curriculum for the course I teach online...which started TODAY! Finally got enough done and ready for the students to dig in, that I freed up some space in my brain to allow other 'things' to enter. whew...kinda wordy paragraph, hey?

I have been accepting more and more challenges, lately. Not that I don't have anything else to do, ya know. So, it could be good...or it could be overwhelming. So far, it's all been good. Anyway. When I ran across a Pay-It-Forward challenge on Christy's blog the other day, I was happy to jump right into it with both feet. I love her blog and read it everyday. Or, at least, every time she enters a new post.

I love gifts...especially handmade gifts. I love the idea of giving something to someone 'just because'. It makes my heart feel good. So, I was the #2 comment, which assures me of a gift from Christy. YAY!!!

I have the best idea for the gifts I will be sending...so why don't you jump into this challenge, too.


Here's what it is all about...
Be one of the first 3 bloggers
to leave a comment here on my post.
Those 3 bloggers will then receive
a handmade gift from me.
The first 3 bloggers can then pay-it-forward
to 3 bloggers on your blog.
All you have to do is:

~post this challenge on your blog
~ the gift can be anything you choose
and any price range and
you have 365 days to make/ship your item.
How fun will this be???
I know...many of you who read my blog don't have blogs...or already have too much to do. Could be interesting to see what happens, here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other news...or doodles of my mind...
It's darn cold here! Double digit subzero wind chill. The Collies don't last long enough to potty out in that cold. I keep trying to coach them as we're on the way out the door....'now, if you hurry up, you will still have 4 good feet to walk on when coming back in. Just 'hurry up' and potty!' But, they're not really listening. Tango, in particular. Perhaps he is listening, but cannot hear me...he's 13+ years old, you know...and definitely showing some hearing loss. Allegra doesn't like to be spoken to in anything but a soft, sweet & gentle whisper (kidding...well, sort of), so if she thinks I am speaking sternly, she gets all nervous. You'd think she'd be used to my voice by now, for pete's sake...she will be 11 years old in a few months. Holy Schmoly, Princess Honey-Do Allegra! Now, Tag, on the other hand, is made of much tougher stuff (yeah, I know...and mud for brains) and has no problem at all. With either the voice thing OR the going out to potty in subzero wind chill weather! In fact, almost before pottying comes his immense desire to lower his core body temperature by eating as much snow/ice as possible. He is goofy...but that's my boy, Tag!

Finished 'Marley & Me'...it's funny & sad, and actually made me feel better about my naughty boy!

Now really...Tag is not that naughty. He is a very smart boy. Typical Labrador. Here's how smart the boy is. I dropped my pen under the side table. I could have gotten up out of the easy chair, but I was all comfy. So, I asked Tag to get it for me. Under the side table is a huge box...and another box is in front of it. He could have gotten to the pen by going around the back of either the easy chair or the sofa, OR by doing just exactly what he did. He crouched down and almost crawled through the small space between the table with the huge box under it and the easy chair. He grabbed the pen and then backed himself out. WHAT A GOOD BOY!!! Ya gotta love his eagerness to pick up things...and his desire to please. Ya know? He would make someone an excellent service dog. Ohyeah...me! haha. Of course, there are times when he picks up things he really shouldn't...but being the 'gotta show my mama' boy that he is, he always must come by me to show me...and then, of course, I take it away from him.

Okay, done rambling and it's time to get busy. Only 4 more days of vacation after today. {groan} Still much to do.

5 comments:

kks said...

that Tag....what a smart boy, of course i'm lucky enough to hear every time he does a smart thing!

Anonymous said...

What funny dogs you have.
I don't have a blog so even though I am #2, if someone else qualifies, please give them the gift if you want to.
Have a good day. Joyce

Anonymous said...

I would love to do a "Pay it Forward" challenge. I like the idea of making things for other people too, and have lots of ideas!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Oh ~ I'm too late but ~ I love the idea ~ you really are on a path of enlightenment, aren't you? I will have to check out Christy's blog ~ Thank you! It is bitter cold here in Ohio ~ we're going to find out just how sturdy we are!!
Enjoy your day!
Alice

Anonymous said...

You owe Tag an apology...saying he "has mud for brains"...hope he doesn't read your blog...lol...
Janer