Monday, January 7, 2019

Happy New Year!

Here it is, January 7 and I am already writing a post!!

And, I already have a finish to show you!  In January of 2017, I joined a quiltalong on Instagram (my IG name is kelonie).  Following "Tula Pink's City Sampler 100 Modern City Blocks" book, we (a gazillion of us) made 2 blocks per week for 50 weeks.  I must tell you that I was rather impressed with myself...that I did all of them!!  But, once they were made, I put them away and didn't take them out again until after Christmas of 2018...an entire year later!  I was determined to finish it before the end of the year, but I came down with a nasty, horrible and miserable cold that delayed my working on it.  But, it is done now!!!  

I had used all Anna Maria Horner fabrics on the blocks, and the sashing is Grunge Basics by BasicGrey for Moda Fabrics in Stone.  The pattern I chose from the book is called Sliding Scale, is sized at 80x93, and uses 70 blocks.  I made my quilt top to measure 72x84 and used only 54 blocks.  I guess I have enough to make another quilt, hey?  Anyway.  Here are a few photos...


You likely won't see this for another year (or so), because it joins a long list of quilt tops waiting to be quilted.

I have a big project that I'll be starting one of these days...the Bakers Dozen quilt by Jen Kingwell.  I'll also be using Anna Maria Horner fabrics for that one.  Very excited about this, but also a bit nervous, as her patterns can be somewhat challenging.

In the meantime, I have already begun another quilt top...a bright floral patchwork one.    

Have a great week!


No comments: