Saturday, March 10, 2018

The One About Happy Mail...and other stuff.

Something special arrived in the mail the other day.  A box from my almost birthday twin, Lindy.  I am a bad friend...I have yet to send her a package of happy mail.  Soon, Lindy.  Soon.


More fabrics...larger than fat quarters.

Crewel embroidery.  February.  Cuz, you know.
2 yds. Grunge in Onxy.  Made by BasicGrey for Moda.

I love packages of stuff.  Thank you so very much, Lindy!,

I have been keeping busy, as always.  The list is longer than my arm!

The #sewingavillage party on Instagram continues.  And, I continue to have fun making the houses.

Week 4

Week 5
Those small houses measure 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 inches.  I am working ahead, but this is how far we are in this party.  So much fun!!

I finished my 4th SBB Heart Builders quilt!  I received the butterfly fabric and about 1/8th yard of orange with white dots fabric from SBB and I added in the other dots and the solids from my stash.  It's always interesting to see what I come up with.  This quilt top measures 46 1/2 x 64 1/2 inches.  Somewhere, there is a little girl who loves butterflies and bright colors who will be very happy to receive this.  The next step for me is to mail it off to my team leader.  She will see that it gets quilted and then it will go with many other quilts to this quarter's charity. 



Almost a month ago, I finished making blocks for my plus quilt.  I finally sat down and sewed the blocks together.  I LOVE this!  It measures about 60" square, so it's small enough for me to quilt myself. 


There are two special parts in this quilt top...
"I see you", said the owl.

A little thought of the brown dog.
I am a Silver Sneakers member now...there are definitely some benefits to getting older!  I no longer pay a gym membership and am able to join any gym that honors the program.  So.  In addition to working with the strength machines and walking on a treadmill at Anytime Fitness, I started going to a different gym that offers a restorative/chair yoga class.  My attendance has been a bit sporadic, so I need to make a commitment to going every single week.  It feels good when I go, both physically and mentally...but there are days when I just don't want to interrupt whatever it is I'm working on.  I need to get over that.

Me Mum is doing okay.  However, she fell again the other day.  Her BP fluctuates and she has orthostatic hypotension (decrease in BP when she stands from sitting or lying down).  Because her doctor was going to be unavailable for a few days, she was sent over to the ED to be checked out.  We are getting to know all of the staff there (and we like them all...they're so good to Mum).  Everything checked out, but the ED doctor told us that it looked like her wrist had not healed.  So.  We shall be going back to the ortho doctor to have that checked out. And, Mum agreed to wearing a helmet to prevent a serious head injury.  I told her we could decorate it! 

We will be playing cards with Mum today.  Tomorrow is my day off of everything.  What are you up to this weekend?


1 comment:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Poor mum. I hope the wrist is healed enough that nothing needs to be done. So hard watching a loved parent age.
Great quilts as always :)