Saturday, May 14, 2016

Getting It Done...

It's been a busy time getting me Mum and sister settled in their new place.  It's going as well as can be expected.  Some parts of unpacking are more fun than others.  I truly enjoy unpacking the kitchen. Filling the walls with pictures, etc. is also enjoyable. However, going through boxes and trying to decide what one has room for and what must stay packed or gotten rid of (in one manner or another) is not so much fun.  But, we're pushing through it.

In the meantime, I finished this table topper for Mum...


A few years ago, I finished a quilt for my friend, Loretta.  In return, she gifted me with a charm pack and some yardage of Nature's Basket by Blackbird Designs for Moda.  (Thanks, Loretta!)  This table topper is what I did with it.  Finally.  It is perfect for their small table, especially with the ceramic bowl that Julie gave Mum several years ago. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a photo from Mother's Day...isn't me Mum beautiful?


Hope your weekend is good!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love the colors in that table topper. Jigce

Kim said...

Yes, she is beautiful. And so is that table topper

Rugs and Pugs said...

Yes, your mum is a beauty.
Great table topper, too. I love blues and browns together.
I bet it's wonderful having your mum and sister nearby.
Hugs :)
Lauren

moosecraft said...

Your Mum certainly is a beautiful gal! I bet she enjoyed that fluffy cake too! :-) Love the table topper!

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful table topper and a beautiful photo of your mom.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

So nice to see you and hear all about your family. That table topper is lovely and your Mom is incredible. What a pretty cake. I am sure you are so happy to have all of your family so close. Well part of your family. I bet it is nice to not have such cold weather too.