Friday, June 19, 2015

The One About Benedict Cumberbatch...

Because all of my regular season television shows have ended, I've been searching for something to watch this summer.  Graceland is starting next week, as well as Rookie Blue.  And, of course, those are the only two shows (I know of) that I am looking forward to watching.  And, wouldn't you know it, they are both on at 9:00 on Thursday nights.  What?  

So, when I asked a few friends what they are watching, one of the shows I was told about was the Sherlock series which streams on NetFlix (thanks, Brenis!). Having seen Robert Downey Jr play Sherlock (with Jude Law as his trusty sidekick, Watson), and having watched Elementary from the beginning on network tv, I wasn't sure that I was ready to watch more Sherlock.

HA!  Was I wrong!  I am totally in love with this series.  If you have not seen it, you really should. If you are vaguely aware of who Benedict Cumberbatch is - and especially if you have no idea who he is - you will be in for a real treat!  This show meets and exceeds every expectation!  Funny, intelligent, clever, dramatic, etc., etc.. 

As for Benedict Cumberbatch?  Let me just say that I find him very appealing.


The only drawback...only 3 shows per season.  But, each show is an hour and a half long.  Which does help.  

I have watched 8 of the 9 shows and once that last one is watched, I will be waiting, along with all of the other Sherlock/Benedict Cumberbatch fans, for Season 4.

If you have a few moments, you really should watch this video...

3 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Oh, I can't believe you haven't seen that Sherlock!! Oh my goodness, I am a fan of Benedict Cumberbach. I have watched all of the Sherlock you named, but he is my favorite well except for Nigel Bruce and Basil Rathbone.:) My very favorite.
I wish I had watched the American Version of Sherlock before I watched The BBC version. Benedict does it just so well.
Since you are looking for something, have you watched Blacklist? It is a bit violent but pretty good I think. I am waiting to watch season two. I am glad you are enjoying it so much.

Miccosukee said...

Gee, Jacque, I knew we had some things in common, aka: love of dogs, love of fiber crafts, love of family. But today, I discovered a new area -- favorite TV shows!!

My recorder is already set to start when Graceland returns and another fan turned me on the the BBC's Sherlock and the fine actor, Benedict Cumberland. But I had heard nothing about the return of Rookie Blue until your column, one more to add. May I suggest a series you might take a glance at-- Murder in the First, starring Taye Diggs on TNT. It deals with one murder each season and Steven Boccho is the genius behind it.

Kim said...

Have you watch Grace and Frankie? And Suits, I love