Saturday, May 23, 2015

Started and Finished...

I needed to make another gift for my Godmother/Aunt Bev.  Why? Because her birthday is June 1.  Apparently, I am unable to think more than two weeks in advance!  This, though, was a quick and easy idea...to make a little pillow to match the quilt I made for her for Mother's Day...see the quilt here.  

Here's what I did.  I made a 32 patch measuring 8 x 16 with 2 1/2 inch squares.  I didn't use batting, but I did do some topstitching.  I lined the front with a piece of Kona cotton (so the raw edges would be protected) and backed the pillow cover with a small floral print. I made an envelope closure at the end of the pillow.  And, I even made my own pillow insert!  
  
front
back

Here's a photo of Godmother/Aunt Bev from today...enjoying the sunshine in Eau Claire.
Godmother/Aunt Bev

Hope your holiday weekend is fun and safe.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

That is a beautiful quilt and the pillow is the perfect gift to go with it.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

That is so pretty. You do such nice work.

moosecraft said...

Perfect! Aunt Bev is going to appreciate that [illow too!