Sunday, June 22, 2014

In the Mail and A Finish and Princess Kaylynn...

You all know how I love getting packages in the mail...even when they are expected!  So, yesterday I received a box of stuff from Cathy.  I love getting packages from her!  This time, she sent some stuff for dolls (one of these days, a doll will be made) and some fabric pieces.  

Here is what she sent...
yarns

flannel

velours

cottons
And, of course, I love it all!

Thank you so very much, Cathy!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those of you on FaceBook already saw these photos, but here they are for those of you who did not.  My granddaughter, aka Princess Kaylynn, was here for an overnight last night.  Here are the photos...
playing with flashcards

kisses

just laying around

sweetness

more sweetness

night-night

Kaylynn helped me out by holding my wonky charms quilt top so I could get a photo of it...
A Walk in the Woods wonky charms quilt top ~55" square

Kaylynn drew pictures and told stories, sang songs and played with Tag.  We watched the movie, "Super Buddies".  And, we ate.  Kaylynn has always been a good eater.  She will eat anything I fix her, though that's not saying much cuz I am not a very adventurous eater.  Here's what we had for supper (taco stuff on a bed of Fritos - Yummy!)...and I must tell you, she ate more than I did!  And, she had dessert! 

Kaylynn left this morning.

Tag is sound asleep.

My head is full of ideas of doll stuff.

Have a great Sunday!



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

moosecraft said...

Wonderful stuff from Cathy! Yes, we need to see some dolls with clothes! ;-) Looks like a perfect visit with Kaylynn! Love that wonky squares quilt! Have a Super Sunday evening!!!

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful goodies and I know you will make beautiful things with them. Kaylynn is really becoming a young lady, still remember the photo I did with her, doesn't seem like that much time has passed.

Debbie

Farm Girl said...

I think it sounds like a wonderful day. Your gifts in the mail are so nice and so pretty, I love that yarn.
How nice you spent a wonderful weekend with your lovely grand daughter. She is such a sweetie. Are you resting today? :)

woollylottrugs said...

Wow love getting mail too. She was so good to you!!! Love to see Kaylynn. She is no little girl anymore, she is getting to be such a nice princess young lady. Special times with her are priceless and Tag looks thrilled to see his favorite princess.

hugs
Cyndi