My plan was to hand-quilt this. But, I didn't. It sat around forever! I'd pick it up and try some hand-quilting and decide that I didn't like what I was doing...then let it sit around some more. I finally decided that I really needed to finish it. The batting I used was given me by my lqs to try. It is so soft and a much more lofty batting than what I'm used to (warm and natural). I machine quilted it...each block its own pattern determined by the lines of sewing. I made 2 rows down the sashings. It's a bit poofy, but okay, I think.
This little quilt measures ~20" square.
Here it is now...
For the backing, I used a piece of vintage fabric given me by a coworker...I had planned to do the quilting in an aqua or teal to match, but went with white thread when I decided to machine quilt it.
I am finally able to cross something off my list! I seem to keep adding, but never subtracting from it.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11