Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lotta Stuff...

I am very happy to have several different things to show you...works in progress and a few finishes.

I finished the curio quilt top...and the backing, too!  Here is the top...I love the secondary pattern the background fabric makes...
 

I made mitered corners for the very first time!  It was actually much easier than I thought it would be...and I am really liking the look!

The backing is pieced, of course, though not as much as many of my other quilts...

Now to get batting...meanwhile, I need to think of how I will quilt it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I received all the fabrics needed for the Lotta Jansdotter patchwork quilt I mentioned in the previous post.  And, I must say...Pink Chalk Fabrics absolutely rocks!  I wanted a solid to match the purplish/pinkish color in the Echo line and couldn't find what I wanted in the Kona colors.  So, I called the ladies at Pink Chalk and they found the perfect match in a Kaffe Fasset shot cotton...thank you, ladies!  I cut 5" squares - 182 of them...

 This one should be fast and easy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also pulled out some blocks I've had for awhile...from my friend, Cathy, of Quilting On Turtle Hill and Pink Petunia Cottage Dolls.  I had made a quilt using these prints/blocks a few years ago...see it here.  I loved this quilt so much and will be making exactly the same quilt for an upcoming happy event. 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of Cathy...when I first mentioned that 'knitting is my therapy', Cathy asked if I wanted some yarn that she no longer had a use for.  I thought she might be sending a skein or two...should have known better ~grin~.  Here is what I received - 11 skeins!

WOW!  What a generous soul!  I already knit two doll sweaters with yarn from her.  This one is a bit small for Aubrey...would fit a 12" doll nicely...

I made this one to send to me Mum...she has a little bear that she dresses up to fit the occasion...

It takes me about 3 hours to knit one of these doll sweaters...they are so easy and fun to make!  Thank you, Cathy!  You're the best!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, last but not least...I continue to make the soft cotton face cloths. I love the pattern on this one...simple knit2, purl2...stitch count can be whatever you want...multiples of 4 plus 2 so that you begin and end each row with knit 2.  I use 34 stitches to knit the face cloths, making them to be about 7" square using Peaches and Creme yarn with size 5 needles. 


So.  That's what I have been up to.  How about you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A special note...in six more days, Tag E. Butt will be 11 years old.  And, a week after that is my birthday.  I am thinking a giveaway is on the horizon...stay tuned for more information on that.

In the meantime, have fun doing what you love.


"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.". Jeremiah 29:11

7 comments:

moosecraft said...

Your curio quilt is fabulous! Those mitered corners look nice and neat. Love the fabrics in those pinwheels.. so soft and sings of Spring!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Jacque ~
MY! You have been busy. Love that curio quilt.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farm Girl said...

I really enjoy seeing what you have been up to. I love all of that yarn.
Your pinwheels are just great.
have a lovely day Jacque.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

So many pretty things here, Jacque! Love the Curio quilt. Can't wait to see the Echo quilt come together. Cathy is so such a sweet person. I LOVE the pinwheels you are making. Those soft colors just speak to me more and more lately. and the sweaters are too cute. I haven't done any knitting in so long.

Lindy said...

Jacque you did a wonderful job on the quilt!

WoolenSails said...

You have been making a lot of beautiful quilts, I wish I could get the motivation to finish mine, but for now, I will work on small things until I can get into the swing of things.

Debbie

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love your "springy" quilts and your mitered corners look great! Wish I could knit not that I haven't tried a lil' boy thinks they are swords and keeps pulling them out to play!