Monday, January 2, 2012

Getting Things Done...

I've been busy working on some projects.
I'm very happy about that.
What I'm not happy about is that I 
neglected to take photos of everything
before I got them packaged up to mail.

It's not important enough to
open the packages and then
repackage the items.
It's just that I won't be
able to count (read show)
them in my year's work.

{sigh}

{grin}

Anyway.

Here are a few of the things I 
did remember to take photos of.

Baby sister Jill asked for 2 dozen kleenex cozies.
Here they are...
She must have a lot of friends
with runny noses.  Just sayin'.

Okay.  So now that it's after Christmas,
a new project is in the works.
(oh.  really?  you ask)  

Erin of why not sew? 
and I are having our
own little quiltalong.
We are each going to make an
aqua and orange quilt.
What a yummy color combination!

Speaking of orange...
did you hear that Pantone's 
color pick for 2012 is 
Tangerine Tango?
Yes, indeedy!

But, I digress.

Erin and I are using the 'Swoon' pattern, 

We LOVE this pattern.
Gotta tell ya, though...
it is definitely not
for the faint of heart.
It is both labor and time-intensive.
But, oh so beautiful.
Each block measures 24.5 inches. 
Here's my first block...

Did I say that I love this block?
I do.  
Did I say I am happy that I 
need to make only 8 more blocks?
I am.

I have a few more things
that need to be worked on.
Things with deadlines.
Things that I cannot show, yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been very nice to have 2 
three-day weekends in a row.
Back to work tomorrow.
But only for 4 days.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11

4 comments:

annie said...

that's an amazing color combination, it makes me think of sunny skies, and swimming pools!

WoolenSails said...

Well, everyone seems to be getting sick early this year, so those will come in handy, lol. Your new block is beautiful, really love pieced blocks like that, now I have to get better at it.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Lol you are funny. I would have cut through the tape and opened those packages and took the pictures!! Lol
I sealed up something myself tonight and forgot to put something else in the envelope and had to open it back up and reseal!
I got all my projects done today that I planned to complete!
Have fun going back to work.joyce

moosecraft said...

I see the pieces now! lol! Amazing what a good night's rest and a cup of coffee can do! Looking forward to seeing the next block!