Sunday, July 27, 2008

Church Lady!

I went to church...the one I had the meeting at (that I spoke of a few days ago). And, I think I found my church! YAY!!! I feel so much better. The pastor is on vacation, so one of the church elders spoke. I can only imagine that it will be even better when the pastor gives the message. Great rock band playing Christian music...did I ever mention the story regarding that? hahaha...

Well, as you know, I am a HUGE fan of classic rock...in particular, Led Zeppelin. I almost always have music on...whether it be the classic rock music station (the one that has Alice Cooper on at night) or music I have on this computer. OR...I am plugged into my mp3 player (which right now has only Led Zeppelin music on it). Anyway, you get the picture, right? So, sometime within this past year, Brenis asked me if I ever listened to Christian music. I said that I did not. When she asked me why not, I replied, - like all intelligent people do when questions like that are asked (i.e. "why don't you eat broccoli/asparagus/spinach?") - "because I don't like it." Her next question was, "have you ever listened to it?" (you know..."have you ever tried broccoli/asparagus/spinach???") She asked me to give it a try - good Christian woman that she is - and try to balance out my music listening. HA! I thought she was off her rocker, though all I told her was that I would 'try it'. Well, geez...I found a great Christian music station here and started listening to it. You know how it is when you listen to music you are not familiar with...it's just not the same as listening to 'your' music! Right? But, I kept listening. And now, at this point in time, when I turn on the radio, I actually have to stop & listen to the song before I know which station (Christian or rock) I am listening to. Suffice it to say that I am happy that Bren gave me that push.

Okay, so the reason for that story is this...at MY church this morning, I knew 3 of the songs, cuz they're songs that are played on my radio station...YAY! Newsboys, Matt Redman and I don't remember the other. So, I was rockin' out at church!

1 comment:

woollylottrugs said...

Hey Jacque..... beautiful blog... go to my blog... I left a surprise there for you.... hugs... Cyndi